Hot chocolate with coffee is a drink with an exquisite taste that can be drunk in a cafe and at home. Let’s try to cook it at home and make our family happy—a step-by-step recipe.
Chocolate notes, a tart coffee flavor, and a soft milk shade create a fantastic harmony and make the drink exciting and unforgettable. The most critical glass product that warms the soul and heart is chocolate. Of course, you can follow the path of the ancient Mayans and make hot chocolate from crushed cocoa beans, but it’s much quicker and easier to make it from dark chocolate. Since the taste and aroma of the drink depends on the quality of chocolate, choose the best quality chocolate without fillers and additives such as dyes, preservatives, GMOs… You can use dark chocolate or milk chocolate, or special cooking chocolate. Whatever ingredient you choose, it should be of the best quality.
The liquid base of hot chocolate is milk, which can replace with cream or water. The last option is lighter, more dietary, and with a bland taste. Therefore, one must carefully season such a drink with spices—a drink with milk or cream with a more pleasant taste and higher calories. Light and delicate, hot chocolate is made from water and milk. When brewing coffee, you can add cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, cardamom, chili pepper to the drink, and brandy, rum, and liqueur to the finished glass. Alcohol and spices infuse hot chocolate with a unique flavor.
See also how to make hot chocolate with coffee.
- Calorie content per 100 g – 148 kcal.
- Dosage – 1
- Cooking time – 10 minutes
- Brewed coffee – 1 tsp
- Drinking water – 50 ml
- Dark chocolate – 30 g
- Milk – 50 ml
Step-by-step preparation of hot chocolate with the coffee recipe
- Make coffee. You can do it in any convenient way. This recipe suggests making this in Turkey. So put coffee in it. If desired, add spices and seasonings to the turkey to make the aroma and taste of the drink richer.
- Pour drinking water into the Turk.
- Place the turkey on the stove and bring to a boil over medium heat. As soon as the water rises, remove the turkey and let it spread for 2-3 minutes. If you have a coffee machine, brew coffee in it. You can also pour boiling water over the coffee and let it fill under the lid.
- Place broken chocolate in the glass to serve the drink.
- Pour milk over the chocolate.
- Place the drink in the microwave and melt the chocolate. Melting chocolate must be very careful and careful not to let it boil. Because if it burns, it will acquire bitterness, which will be impossible to eliminate. Therefore, be cautious in the microwave or melt the chocolate most safely – in a water bath. To do this, put a heat-resistant container with chocolate chips in a pot of boiling water and put the structure on the stove on the lowest flame. When soft, stir in hot milk.
- Stir chocolate and milk until smooth.
- Pour the brewed coffee into the chocolate drink and stir. Now you can add any alcohol you want. Taste hot chocolate with coffee immediately after preparation.