Berry ice cream; how make it at home? A cold dessert that is easy enough to prepare at home without special equipment from the most specific products, fruits, or berries. The recipe with a picture of berry ice cream.
Ice cream is a sweet mass that contains dairy products and various additives. There are many recipes for this sweet treat; this one is perfect for berries. Making ice cream at home is easy; you have to decide.
It is a high-calorie dessert that came to us from ancient China, but the story is more than 4000 years old. It was considered a magnificent dish in the highest circles of society for a long time.
In Russia, the first ice cream recipe was published in 1791. It consisted of cream, egg white, sugar, cranberries, currants, raspberries, cherries, and orange. Since then, little has changed. In the 20th century, with the advent of refrigerators, it became trendy, as the problem of storing this delightful dessert ceased to exist.
One of the main advantages of this homemade dessert is the lack of harmful additives such as stabilizers, emulsifiers, flavors, and preservatives. To prepare a dessert according to this recipe, you don’t need berry syrup, only natural ingredients.
The main secret of making berry ice cream at home is that the finished mixture must be frozen and constantly stirred. It is good if there is a unique device at home – an ice maker or a freezer, but you can do without them.
If an ice maker or freezer was not found at home, the finished mixture should be placed in the freezer, taken out at least once every half hour, and mixed well. Do it until the ice cream freezes to such a state that it becomes impossible to integrate.
The second vital secret in making berries or ice cream pies is the choice of ingredients. Suppose the taste of fruits or berries is not noticeable. In that case, they should be taken much more than indicated in the recipe below.
- Calorie content per 100 g – 370 kcal.
- Portions per container – 9
- Cooking time – 25 minutes (active part), 0.5-6 hours (freezing)
- Water – 150 ml
- Cream 35% fat – 300 ml
- Sugar – 200 g
- Berries (currants, cherries, cranberries, or others) – 250 g
- Egg whites – 4 pcs.
Step-by-step preparation of berry ice cream
- Cook the syrup: to do this, put sugar and water in a saucepan, mix well, and put it on fire. Cook for 2-3 minutes after boiling. Let it cool in the fridge before you serve yourself an ice cream. Until the syrup has cooled to at least room temperature, you should not proceed to the third step of the recipe.
- For this cooking method, the following fruits or berries are ideal: currants, raspberries, cherries, cranberries, and grapes (it is better to take the Isabella variety in double size). Put berries or fruit puree in a blender. We grind the resulting mass through a sieve. If this device is unavailable, you can squeeze it through a cheesecloth.
- Whip the egg whites, according to the berry ice cream recipe, until stiff peaks form. Pour the cooled syrup into the mass in a thin stream.
- In another bowl, whip the cream until thick, and add / fruit juice.
- Combine all components, and mix. If there is an ice maker, pour the mixture into it and let the device run for about 30 minutes. If not, pour the mass into a container and put it in the freezer. In this case, it is advisable to take out the future ice at least once every 30 minutes and mix well. The ideal option is to remember to do this until it finally hardens, or at least 4-5 times.
- It is straightforward to spread the dish; when the base is almost set, you can pour in chocolate melted in a small amount of milk or add chocolate chips. This recipe leaves room for experimentation, you can mix fruits and berries or take some jam as a basis, and you will get an incomparable taste. And most importantly, there will be natural homemade ice cream, which will surely please adults and children.