Homemade egg liqueur with chocolate; how do it with cognac? Good alcohol is costly. To save money, you can make it in your kitchen. How to make delicious homemade egg liqueur with chocolate, read a step-by-step recipe.
There are a vast number of recipes for making liqueurs. In a long experiment, I found my favorite and proven homemade eggnog with chocolate. It is soft and dense, with a fantastic chocolate aroma and taste. You can use homemade egg liqueur with chocolate not only for independent use. It will also replace the impregnation of cakes, muffins, rolls…
- Alcohol. Cognac is used as an alcoholic drink in the recipe. It must be of good quality because the taste of the glass depends on it. Can replace it with other good alcoholic beverages such as whiskey, rum, brandy, or vodka. You can endlessly experiment with the amount of alcohol and use it as much as you like.
- Chocolate. It is equally important to use dark chocolate. With it, you get the liqueur with a richer chocolate flavor. Pay attention to the label: there should be many cocoa beans and butter in the composition. If the ingredient list starts with sugar, then flavored alcohol will not work. Moreover, if you want to soften the taste of the drink, then replace dark chocolate with milk.
- Eggs. I recommend beating the eggs vigorously with sugar; the drink will be thick and dense. If you connect them, the wine will be liquid, but it shouldn’t be. In this case, you should very carefully separate the egg whites from the yolks because even a drop of protein, during preparation, will create crumbs that spoil all the pleasure of the drink.
- Calorie content per 100 g – 285 kcal.
- Servings – 500 ml
- Cooking time – 15 minutes
- Eggs – 4 pcs.
- Dark chocolate – 100 g
- Milk – 200 ml
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons or to taste
- Cognac – 100 ml
Step-by-step preparation of homemade egg liqueur with chocolate recipe:
- Wash the eggs under running water. Carefully break them with a knife and separate the whites from the yolks. Please ensure that the whites do not get into the yolk because they will spoil the drink’s taste. You don’t need proteins in the recipe so you can use them in any other dish.
- Pour sugar or icing sugar over the egg yolks. If you want to make the drink more functional, use honey.
- Beat the egg yolks with a mixer until it becomes a light, thick, lemon-colored foam. Since raw eggs are used in the recipe, take them of good quality and preferably homemade.
- Break the chocolate into pieces. Place in a suitable container and melt in a water bath or microwave until soft. You do not need to overheat it because if it boils, the flavor will deteriorate, which will be impossible to deliver.
- Add melted chocolate to beaten egg yolks.
- Stir the food with a mixer to form a thick egg-chocolate mass.
- Boil the milk in advance, cool well, and add to the egg-chocolate mixture.
- Mix the food with a mixer until it is smooth and smooth.
- Pour cognac into the liquid.
- Let the drink cool in the refrigerator for half an hour to thicken. Then you can start tasting it. Store homemade egg liqueur with chocolate in the fridge for 2-3 days.